NorCal Cannabis Company has developed and shaped the legal cannabis industry since 2015. We have quietly become one of the best funded and largest vertically-integrated cannabis companies in California, with much more on the horizon. 2019 will mark our “coming out”moment as we introduce retail and product experiences that will lead,legitimize and broaden cannabis culture in California and beyond. Put simply, we are going to redefine the term high growth.
The Paralegal will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel with corporate and commercial contract processes and assisting with complex corporate,compliance, and commercial transactions. This role will report to the General Counsel.
The Successful Paralegal Will
· Manage and maintain NorCal's corporate document portfolio, legal entity structure, IP portfolio, contracts, and corporate databases. Establish internal corporate processes.
· Assist counsel in array of corporate and commercial transactions, from preparation to closing.
· Draft a variety of corporate documents, including inter-company agreements,confidentiality agreements, incorporation documents, shareholder and board resolutions, meeting minutes, officer certificates, powers of attorney and employment/equity documents.
· Collaborate with and manage outside counsels and outside vendors in various legal matters.
· Provide legal support to and work with internal teams on a variety of legal matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
· 3-6 years of paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house at a public company.
· Corporate and contracts experience, including entity formation and maintenance, contracts review, drafting, and negotiation, and corporate governance practices.
· Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate.
· Comfortable making judgment calls, spotting issues, and escalating when necessary.
· Outstanding writing, research, negotiating, interpersonal, and organizational skills.Attention to detail is a must.
· Adept at technical tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint/Keynote, and document sharing and e-signing tools
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, challenging environment where decisions you make will have a large impact
NorCal Cannabis offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, and a collaborative work environment in an emerging market. The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and it is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the company to fluctuate with business needs.
This position will be based out of our Santa Rosa Corporate office.