Compliance Coordinator - Santa Rosa, CA
While purposefully not (yet) a household name, NorCal Cannabis Company has been developing and shaping the legal cannabis industry since 2016. We have quietly become a serious vertically-integrated collection of businesses and brands across California; we are growing in mindful ways each day. 2019 will mark our “coming out” moment as we begin introducing retail and product experiences that will lead, legitimize and broaden cannabis culture in the U.S. and other markets. Put simply, we are going to redefine the term high growth.
The Compliance Coordinator position works closely with stakeholders on securing and maintaining both local permits and state licenses for a growing, vertically integrated cannabis company. This position will provide support to the compliance team as well as other departments.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Determine requirements and compile application support materials;
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure application/proposal content is complete, accurate, and timely;
- Manage application resources such as account log-ins, attachments, etc.;
- Submit applications as required by local and state agencies;
- Track deadlines of cannabis applications and properly relay the dates to the team;
- Track and execute ongoing notification requirements;
- Ensure timely annual re-licensing requirements are met; and
- Ensure internal data regarding jurisdiction statuses are up to date and that reporting tools are accurate;
- Assist in regulatory compliance audits;
- Assist in oversight of corrective action plan execution; and
- Support operations in maintaining up-to-date track and trace data.
Requirements for this role include:
- Project management experience with content production, preferably for applications for government RFPs.
- Process management experience in a directly related industry or role required.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Strong communication and writing abilities a must.
- Project management certification or relevant management degrees a plus.
- Systems implementation experience (inventory control, POS, etc.) a plus.
Relevant Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Attributes:
- Good analytical and research skills.
- Summarize information and important findings.
- Create written reports, provide one-on-one briefings, and make presentations to small groups
- Knowledge of the cannabis industry a plus but not required (this is a great opportunity to break into this newly regulated industry).
- Access and interpret cannabis rules and regulations in every jurisdiction
- Manage time and meet deadlines
- Proficient in the use of online search tools,Microsoft Office and Google Apps with an emphasis on advanced spreadsheet skills.
- A curious, inquisitive mind
- Unquenchable thirst to know more about the cannabis industry and become an industry expert
- Objectivity and a healthy degree of skepticism
- Sound judgment and good decision-making skills
This position reports to the Compliance Manager. Please send a cover letter, resume, and LinkedIn profile and click "Apply For This Job"
This position will be based in our corporate office located in Santa Rosa with local candidates being considered.
NorCal Cannabis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation is dependent on experience.